- The battery should be firmly secured in the cradle. Please ensure that the cable clamps fit tightly and properly on the terminals. A loosely held battery vibrates and bounces, causing damage to the container and the plates.
- The top of the battery must be kept clean & dry. Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) should be applied to cable clamps & terminals. Never apply grease. Terminal corrosion, dirt & moisture cause loss of power & make the battery weak.
- Get fan belt, electrical wiring, dynamo/alternator, regulator and battery open circuit voltage checked regularly. A faulty electrical system will damage the battery.
- Vent plugs of Maintenance Free Batteries should be opened with a vent plug opener only. Do not use a screwdriver.
- The electrolyte level should be up to the bottom of the filling-hole.
- Use only distilled water for topping. Do not top up with acid/ electrolyte/mineral water or tap water.
- To get maximum life, it is advised that battery and auto electrical checks be carried out once every three months.
- Keep away from Sparks, Cigarettes and Open Flames. These can cause explosions.
- Avoid metallic contact across terminals, as this can result in short circuits & sparking.
- It is strongly recommended not to use any additives or dopes.
- Keep out of reach of children.